Origami Face Shield
In use at Alta Bates (Sutter Health) in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Intended for single use but tolerates some common cleaning agents and disinfectants (not bleach).
Produced in multiple facilities for faster manufacturing, redundancy and efficient transportation.
100% of the proceeds goes toward producing and distributing the product, plus donations.
Available for prompt shipment in high volume.
Cost: About $1 - $2.50 depending on the volume, lead time, and your choice of manufacturer.
Some shields are available for donation to non-profit health care providers and other humanitarian institutions.
Request Samples for Evaluation
A sample kit of 10 pieces sent free to health care provider institutions.
Place a Commercial Order
Order shields in bulk from your choice of several vendors (minimum quantity 50).
Request Donated Shields
A limited quantity of shields are available on a charitable basis.
• Material: Polyethylene terephthalate (also called PET or PETE).
• Thickness ranges from .004 to .017 depending on material available at time of manufacture.
• Weight: About 1-2 oz depending on thickness of material used.
• Construction: Die or Laser Cut. No extruded, molded or 3D printed components.
• Delivered clean but unsterilized. Can be sterilized in bulk by immersion in alcohol or hydrogen peroxide solution, ETO gas, or UV-C irradiation.
• Intended as a single-use disposable product; some users are cleaning them with standard cleaners (no bleach).
• Delivered flat for easy storage in bags or boxes of 50-100 pieces.
• Must fold together before use. Assembles in ~90 seconds.
• The product has no antiviral or antibiotic properties.
• This product does not protect against aerosols.
• This product should always be used with appropriate respiratory protection and other appropriate protection for hands and body.
• Availability is subject to change without notice.
This product has not been FDA cleared or approved.
This type of product has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for use by healthcare providers as personal protective equipment.
The product is only authorized for the duration of the FDA's declaration that circumstances justify the authorization of emergency use under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 USC 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY - EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: THE MASKPROJECT IS PROVIDING AN INTRODUCTION TO MANUFACTURERS ONLY AND IS NOT OFFERING ANY PRODUCT DIRECTLY FOR SALE. THE INTRODUCTION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR PERFORMANCE, OF TIMELY PROVISION, AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN ORDERING OR ACCEPTING PRODUCT FROM MASKPROJECT OR ANY MANUFACTURER(S) REFERRED BY MASKPROJECT, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MASKPROJECT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING ANY WAY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE TO HOLD MASKPROJECT FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY, COSTS, DAMAGES, FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, IN RELATION TO SUCH USE.